Monday, August 15, 2011

It's Not That Hard

Baloney.

No-- BALOGNA.

Mr. Bojangles restaurants are advertising a new bologna biscuit.  When I saw the sign, I almost gagged.  Who was the genius who came up with that one?  And thus my point is proved--it's not that hard.  A nice fluffy biscuit, a slimy slice of circular piece-meat.  Splice the two together, and voila!  Who wouldn't love that? 

I've been using that phrase for  years now.  People look at me funny whenever I say it, but the reality is that if YOU know how to do something, then for you it's truly not that hard.  I have a friend who writes books for other people.  She listens to their stories and then writes the books, not in her own voice, but theirs.  Wow!  I stand amazed, but for her, it's not that hard.

I have another friend who lights up every room she enters.  She knows how to connect with people she's never even met.  She enjoys fascinating conversation wherever she goes.  It's a gift, and for her, it's not that hard.

I don't profess that everything is easy.  Surely it's not!  I only marvel at how a national company like Bojangles can inspire people to ingest something that barely passes as food and even fool them into thinking they are in fact eating a new and improved gourmet treat.  Trust me, you cannot improve on the Chick-fil-A chicken biscuit.  But somebody somewhere presented this idea.  And somebody sitting across the table from them said, "Yeah, that might work."  And somebody else bought an entire log of wax-wrapped bologna, peeled it slice by slice, and said, "OK, we're doing this."  Who would have thought?  Now, if I may suggest...A single slice of processed cheese?  It has a wrapper.  I'm not sure if it's actually food, but yes, that might work, too.  A bologna and CHEESE biscuit!

See?  It's not that hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment